AFSP South Bay Out of the Darkness Community Walk Needs Volunteers! Oct. 28

AFSP South Bay Out of the Darkness Community Walk Needs Volunteers! Oct. 28

by Timothy Galleher -
Number of replies: 0

AFSP South Bay out of the Darkness Community WalkI which is taking place on Saturday, October 28 at Arena Green West in San Jose.  We will need volunteers on the day of our event. 

Please see the following for details:

• Volunteers will be needed from 7am to 2pm.
  • Students do not necessarily need to stay for the entire event, but it is very helpful if they do.
  • Some of the tasks students will be helping with are set up, help on the walk route, tear down and a few other things.
  • All volunteers must register (see link below).

Please note, students under 18 must have a parent or guardian onsite during their volunteer time.  I have provided the specific details of the laws/polices below. 

*Important Note for Volunteers Under the Age of 18 & Their Parent/Guardian/School Chaperones: Special rules and provisions apply to minors when they volunteer at our events, including having a parent/guardian or other responsible adult present at all times while minor is onsite.

The Division of Labor Standards Enforcements also states the following about minors:

• Ages 14-15 may work for up to 8 hours on a non-school day between the hours of 7 am-7 pm
  • Ages 16-17 may work for up to 8 hours on a non-school day between the hours of 5 am-10 pm.
  • Volunteers needing community service hours must sign in and out at the registration booth to have their hours confirmed, and we are unable to sign off any hours outside of these times

set by law.

To volunteer for the South Bay Out of the Darkness Community Walk on October 28, 2023, please use the following:  South Bay Out of the Darkness Community Walk Volunteer Registration

For question 11: you will need to select “South Bay Out of the Darkness Community Walk.”

If students have questions, they can reach out to me at afspsouthbaywalk@gmail.com.  If you have any questions or concerns, please contact me at this email.