Engage STEM Opportunity To Tutor!

Engage STEM Opportunity To Tutor!

by Timothy Galleher -
Number of replies: 0

ENGAGE/STEM- Opportunity to tutor!

Engage STEM San Jose/Morgan Hill has volunteer applications open for Math Tutors and Physics Teachers! Volunteers will be working with students (K-8th) and gaining leadership experience and official volunteer hours. All volunteering will be virtual.

If you are interested in applying, please check out the information below! Volunteers are also required to fill out a waiver. Please only apply if you know you can volunteer. Applications close September 2nd @ 11:59 PM, so you have time to figure out your schedule!

Math Tutors – September 18th - December 3rd 2022 (At least 1 hour-long session per week; flexible schedule) Will be working with students K-8th
Click this to Apply!

Physics Teachers –  - March 19, 2022; Saturdays @ 11 AM - 12 PM (8 classes) Will be working with students 5-8th  Click this to apply!

FAQs:

• What grade can you be to volunteer? – As long as you are in high school, you can volunteer! Just remember that all volunteers need to fill out a waiver.
  • For math tutoring, can I choose my tutee? – Unfortunately, you cannot. However, on the application, you put your available times, which we use to match tutors and tutees.
  • For Physics classes, can I choose my class or co-teachers? – Like math tutoring, volunteers are assigned classes and co-teachers.
  • Are these opportunities in-person? – No, these opportunities are virtual, in the comforts of your home!
  • Is there training? – Yes! We give all of our volunteers resources and guides. All volunteers are required to look through these resources prior to the start of the program.
  •  If you have any other questions, please email us at sjmh@engagestem.org!