Welcome to Advanced Business Honors Class 2020-2021!!
Hello, I'm Mrs. Sabrina Lin (email@example.com)! I will be your teacher in Advanced Business Honors class this 2020-2021 year. This class is focused on the steps of entrepreneurship, as outline by Professor Bill Aulet in his "Disciplined Entrepreneurship" book, which will be the basis for our curriculum in class. The capstone project for this class is the President's Business Challenge (PBC), which is where students come up with their own startup idea and take it from solving a problem, identifying the solution, market size, competitive analysis, go-to-market strategies, and financial model to pitching in front of multiple rounds of judges.
SUMMER ASSIGNMENT (Grading: 20 Ideas x 2 points each = 40 points total):
The most important thing to starting a business is the idea or the problem that you are trying to solve. So to help get you started, your summer project will be to keep a journal in a brand new notebook, where you will jot down 20 different ideas for your startup.
- Only write 1 idea (problem) per page
- The ideas need to be well thought out and reflective, please no "1 or 2-words" answers nor "1 short sentence" answers. You should aim to write 3-4 thorough sentences to describe each idea.
- You need to write down what problem you observed or thought of. Describe in detail and why it's a problem.
- Write down a potential solution to the problem if you have come up with one. If you have only identified the problem, but not the solution, that is ok too.
- Be creative and wild! There is no dumb idea! Write, doodle, draw, anything to get your creative juices flowing!
- Be observant and watchful! A good idea could be right in front of you!
- Please use legible penmanship, so that I can read your writing.
- This will be collected on the 1st day of class and it will be graded. In the event of Distance Learning, you will take pictures of all 20 pages and submit that to me.
Thank you! Have a great summer and ramp up your observation and creative juices!